Saturday 14 March 2009

Lingfield

One bet on my aw account today. I've looked through all of the card, although first time around I missed the last race!

My selection today boasts a good record here, has a 50% strike rate at the venue, has won 3 from 4 in March and todays jockey has 2 wins and a place from 3 rides. Add in that the horse is running off a winning mark, comes here off the back of a victory last time out, can cope with a slow run race but also boasts the fastest time of any of these over c and d and you'll see (hopefully) why I make this a 5/1 shot. The fact that we can get the price we can dictates that we have to have a bet. One word of caution though, I'm going to keep stakes sensible because this is a tricky race. The fact that the bookies have us at odds against making the frame tells you what they think.

405 Lingfield LOPINOT 1 point each way at 15/2 (Sportingbet)

I appreciate this is not a bog bookie but they are out of line with the price so I'll take the chance that the selection goes off no bigger than this. Let's hope I've got this right and they've got it wrong. Either way it's been a great week and nothing can change that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks a fair shout to me Mick. You may be even more interested by the 9.8 (17/2) on BF...
A.

Anonymous said...

We just need a run for our money now mate. I know what you're saying about the exchanges but for the purpose of my account on the blog I want to use bookie prices as that is where everyone can get on to decent stakes at the time of posting. If one or two of the emails I have received are anything to go by, it would seem I've got one or two followers who like to bet to decent stakes and like me they use the bookies because of the each way terms. Quite often those sames terms won't be available on the exchanges at the time of posting, but thanks for the thought and good luck today.

Anonymous said...

Mick,
I think you should carry out a leg count on Loupinot when it enters the paddock - I've just been matched at 13.5 on BF - LOL !!
A.