Saturday 14 March 2009

A Crazy World

My all weather selection today failed to add to my profits but once again one of the nh experts came up with the goods. Nothing as dramatic as the rest of the week but another 7 points have been added to my overall figure. As anybody reading this will have gathered by now I'm really happy with the way things are going at the moment and as the title suggests it's a crazy world, mainly because despite another profitable day it almost feels like a bit of a non-event. No doubt in a few days time I'll look back and be more than grateful for any profit, let alone 7 points in a day. We all know how the tide can turn.

One more day off work and then it's back to the routine I'd almost forgotten about. It really is a day off as well, with no all weather action for me to get stuck into, so unless the nh boys come up with something it could be my first blank punting day in quite some time.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bit of a strange one today Mick, with regard to movements on BF... Having been really weak until about half an hour before the start time, it then strengthened to just over 7/1 at the off. Missing the break meant the price was out again early IR, but it travelled so well, it nearly touched 2. Non of this is any use for you I realise (!) - but as I like to trade IR, it was relatively straightforward to make it pay. I'll look forward to the next one ! (though obviously not tomorrow, as there is only 'proper' racing on ;) ).
A.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you did ok on this one. I would like to think that most of the horses I put up will trade much lower in running, otherwise it means I'm backing the wrong ones!

I do sometimes trade horses but if I like anything strongly enough then it will go on the account and I'll back it properly. As we all know, it's a game of opinions and we've all got to play it the way we see fit. There are many ways to make it pay, I just prefer being a backer and as long as I at least reach my 100 points on the aw for the year I will be very happy with that, especially as my overall profit is likely to be in excess of 300 points.

Good luck with the "proper" racing

Anonymous said...

I completely agree mate - there are many ways of playing the game. I choose to trade simply because it evens out 'the luck curve'. I'm sure it ends up costing me a little overall - but I don't get the variability in the P&L which puts pressure on you mentally, when you go through the inevitable losing runs (especially if you are picking your own horses). My way you get rewarded purely on the quality of the selection (minimising the luck component) - so provided it runs well, you can still take a profit...
A.

Anonymous said...

You are very shrewd A,

I'm sure you'll do very well trading with the vast majority of my selections. I prefer a different approach, not least of all because I often don't have the time to get involved with trading. On Friday I didn't see either of my selections run "live" as I was busy with other things, so I suppose it's about lifestyles as well as the actual approach to betting.

Good luck trading

Anonymous said...

You are spot on about life styles Mick. I think this is something people often fail to take into consideration when they are trying to figure out how best to play the game... I'm in a situation where I'm around the house most of the day - normally surrounded by kids ! - and checking price movement on the PC helps keep me sane. If I ever get the opportunity to have a life again, I would struggle to play the way I do. However, that is unlikely to occur in the forseeable furture !! A