Monday 16 March 2009

I Was Right

As feared last night there was a non-runner in my race at Kempton, in the shape of Alpes Maritimes. Not happy with one missing, unfortunately my selection then couldn't be pursuaded to enter the stalls so we ended up with two out and we'll never know whether or not we'd have collected today. Significantly though, even with two missing from the field the jolly finished nowhere. Proof if it were needed that I was right in identifying this as a race to play in. As far as I am concerned whenever you can take the 2/1 favourite out of the race then you have a massive edge to play with. The value you obtain in these circumstances is immense and over the long term you cannot fail to make money providing you have the ability to stumble across the value alternative. Whilst I've not made any money today on the aw I believe this race has proved my point in another way as well. How about the value I got when backing Stand Guard last time when it won for me at a much bigger price! The time of the race today was nothing special, something like 2 min 7 secs, and I know Mafeking is capable of making the running and producing a much quicker time than that. Hopefully today has not spoiled our fun with this horse. We know it is entered at Lingfield in a few days time, but we now have to start again from scratch by going through the form of every other horse in the race before deciding what price is value, if indeed the horse is my most likely winner.

In the end a blank day on the aw account but I think the methods and processes I use to help me decide when to get involved have been vindicated handsomely.

No comments: