Monday 23 March 2009

A Bet At Lingfield On Tuesday

I did not expect to be betting on Tuesday, but I am and hopefully it's the right thing to do.

I looked at the opener on the card, a Seller over 10 furlongs, but that little exercise didn't last very long. I'm sure plenty of people will find a way to play in the 7 furlong handicap, with a few of the runners having raced against each other last time out, but I'm not one of them.

The last race I looked at was, predictably, the finale. A Handicap over 10 furlongs with a short price favourite sounds perfect and I am going to play in this race. Initially I was going to swerve the race but I went back to it and then asked "a trusted source" for his view. He had no idea of my thoughts, yet he came to the same conclusion as me, hence the decision to strike a bet. Unfortunately I won't be around in the morning to monitor prices or post on here, so my "partner in crime" will try and find time to do that for me. I'm not going to start putting selections up on here, in a public place, the night before racing when I don't know for sure if I'm going to get the price. It's just not worth it. If he can't get the post updated for any reason then anyone who wants the details will have to send me an email with their mobile number. I already send out my selections via sms to a few guys, so adding a few more to the list won't make much difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick,
I was also drawn to the race because of the presence of the infamous Inquisitress !
I agree that the fav warrants taking on and am in 2 minds between Sri Kuantan and Kings Topic. I like the fact that Kings Topic could get an easy lead - and I don’t like the trainer of Sri Kuantan ! However, on balance, I think the more compelling case can be made for Sri Kuantan and consequently he would be my choice for the race…
I’ll be interested to see if you reached the same conclusion.
A.