Friday 13 March 2009

Feeling Lucky? Friday 13th...............

I was sitting back last night with my feet up thinking it would probably be a quiet day today, but the way things have started I couldn't have been more wrong. My nh advisors are at it again and I sincerely hope they are as right today as they have been all week. In addition I've got two bets myself on the aw today, so let's hope Friday 13th turns out to be lucky for the punters and a nightmare for the bookies.

My first aw bet today runs at Lingfield where I'm having

1 point each way on SMOKEY RYE at 100/30 (Paddy Power and Hills, both BOG)

I have kept my staking to the minimum on this selection simply because I am worried about the possibility of one being pulled from the race, in which case it's first two only on the place terms. Were that to happen I'd hate to have done 4 points if my selection finished 3rd.

It's then a long wait until my second bet, which is

1 point each way on STAR CHOICE at 11/2 (Stan James BOG, Ladbrokes)

Hopefully the wait will be worthwhile.

I'm off to watch the final day of the Cheltenham Festival, good luck if you're playing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick,
I missed your first selection (I was still in the Cheltenham recovery position !) - but I've had a quick look at the second one... Were you drawn to it by anything in particular ? (I see it is back down in trip and blinkered for the first time)
A.

Anonymous said...

Evening mate,

This will have to be quick as I'm on my way out. Well done on missing my first selection, I didn't watch the race but I'm told it didn't get the run of the race. Not to worry, these things happen all the time.

With regards to tonight, I make the selection the most likely winner on what it has achieved in the past, particularly over c and d. That will be the starting point for the vast majority of my selections. Add in the fact that it's back to the right trip, visor on and R Havlin on board (he has a 30%+ strike rate for this trainer here and I think this is his only ride of the night) and you have my reasons for making this a 4/1 shot. As you know, if I can back a live 4/1 shot at 11/2 then I will. That's it mate, catch up tomorrow

Anonymous said...

Good result Mick ! and well backed too - WD mate... I'll look forward to seeing your selections tomorrow...
A.

Anonymous said...

If I have any A,

Remember I believe the key to success is being selective,

Catch up later