Thursday 19 March 2009

Almost But Not Quite

I certainly got a run for my money this evening and I don't think punters can ask much more than that. Both selections eventually finished second, Cross The Line backed from 10/1 in to 6/1, Viva Vettori from 7/2 in to 13/8. For the traders amongst you it must have been a special night with Cross The Line only getting done in a photo and Viva Vettori trading at shorter than 1.5. However, this blog is not about trading, it's about me putting up selections on the aw and trying to make in excess of 100 points throughout the year.

Tonight represents a 1 point loss on the account but that's chicken feed compared with what we nearly won and I will happily strike these kind of bets all season long. We were on a couple of form chances, we got the value, they were backed, they were trying and we only just missed out on a decent payday. I think too much is made of horses reappearing after an absence. Both of tonights selections had gone well fresh in the past and the jockey bookings only added to my confidence that we could expect a big run in both races. That's what we got and I'll take that every time.

I'm off to have a look at tomorrows cards.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great analysis again mate, so unlucky with the first runner!! just wish every 10/1 shot i backed ran as well as that.

james

Anonymous said...

It was pretty close in the end James, but not to worry. These things will even themselves out in the long term. I'm a firm believer that as long as you play the game the the right way and put in the hard work, then you'll get your just rewards.