Monday 30 March 2009

Another Well Backed Selection

Watson's Bay ran well enough and secured the place money, so another 2 points profit to add to what we've already achieved. I think he has more to offer, today he met trouble in running, but the circumstances would have to be right before I backed him again. It has been suggested to me that a lot of my selections go on to win in the near future if not when I back them. The question was then asked of me "Why don't you follow them in subsequent races?" The simple answer is that I treat each and every race as just that, one race to be analysed. If I felt the shape of any particular race suited a horse I'd put up last time AND I thought it was available at value odds then I'd back it. However, I tend to find more often than not that I am not satisfied that both sets of criteria have been met and if that's the case then I won't play. As anybody following our blog must have realised by now, both Gags and I prefer the selective approach. It works for us and that is the method we will continue to use.

Tomorrow the aw action takes place at Southwell but I can say already that there is nothing I like the look of on that card. Wednesday looks a bit more likely to provide a selection with two cards for me to go at, although I think a lot of people will be pre-occupied with a little nh meeting which starts soon at Liverpool!

2 comments:

leathehat said...

hey guys just started reading the blog, after seeing the link on JP's .

Is there anyway i can get your advice without having to log on your blog everyday. cant get on at work

All the best lea

Anonymous said...

Hi Lea

Gags will be posting something tonight which I think you may find interesting!

Cheers
Mick