Saturday 28 March 2009

The Flat Is Back

The start of the flat season for many punters today but I'm still concentrating on the aw and I'm pretty sure Gags is still sticking with the nh racing.

Last night the one I liked at Wolverhampton duly obliged but I didn't back it or put it up as a selection because it was too short. It's just nice to see the analysis continues to be on the money. Today the bucket and spade brigade are at Kempton where there are one or two decent quality races. Usually when there is decent racing I come up with one or two value selections, but today has been tough. I couldn't pick anything in the first race with any confidence, so I moved on to the Rosebery Stakes. With a short-priced favourite lining up I was keen to find something to go to war with, but I just couldn't nail my colours to any one selection. I actually found it to be a bit of a nightmare and it wouldn't surprise me to see a few come back with hard luck stories after the race. The following race is the Magnolia Stakes where I can't put anything up as a selection which represents any value. Some people have this idea that if you put up a big price selection then it represents value. I don't agree. My way of doing things means I am always putting up the horse I think will win the race. Where I get my edge is by backing my idea of the winner at a bigger price than I think it should be. Anyway, today I find myself looking at races where I can't identify the winner, or I think the most likely winner doesn't represent value from a punting point of view. Either way, it's a no bet day for me.

So despite the return of the flat it's down to the nh experts to decide if I'm playing today.

3 comments:

JP said...

Hi Mick,

Well done on yesterday. Looks like I need to make this place a regular port of call !

All the best
JP

Anonymous said...

Hi JP

I certainly believe we (Gags and I) can add to your profits mate. Mind you, a lot of the stuff we put up are ew bets, so I guess you'll need to think about that. At least you can see all of our results for the year so far and make up your own mind. Good luck whatever you decide.

Mick

JP said...

cheers mate. I will continue to follow the plan for my "main" services, but I'm on the lookout for other profitable avenues, and gags and yourself clearly know the time of day. As you say I wish some of the paid for services were doing as well.

Regards
JP