Wednesday 8 April 2009

WTF?

As I watched this evenings race I couldn't heve been happier with the way things seemed to be working out. My selection broke well and quickly held a decent position. The jockey was even allowed to get to the front and dictate his own pace. I honestly expected to see Gazboolou stretch them and hold off the pack as they tried to close. Instead he seemed to stay still as one after the other they waltzed past him. Perhaps he "bounced", I don't know. Worse still for me is that the winner was behind him last time over c and d. In hindsight I can understand people backing the winner at the price but I really didn't think it would finish in front of my selection tonight, certainly not by a comfortable 3 or 4 lengths or whatever it was in the end.

So that's two in a row for me which have finished fourth. Brilliant! Yet again I've found short-priced favourites to oppose and they've been turned over. Unfortunately on these last two occasions I've not found the right one against the so-called talking horses. It's been a disappointing week for the two of us and particularly so today. However, our target is to achieve our profits, in excess of 150 points, over the course of the year. I've no doubt we will although there will of course be peaks and troughs, highs and lows along the way. What is it "they" say? "Horses aren't machines" and "You can't win all the time." If only!

No aw action tomorrow so I'm going to have a look at the Folkestone card. I won't be betting on it but I have to start getting my head around that green turf stuff at some stage and now seems as good a time as any.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick,

your selection made all the right moves it just didnt have anything in the tank to kick for home.
Oh well I guess you can't win em all.

Rgds,

Nick

Anonymous said...

Hi Nick,

In hindsight (a great thing) I think it "bounced" mate.

Look at its previous run and compare that with last night. The winner last night merely reproduced something similar to last time out when finishing behind my selection. Put simply, if Gazboolou had reproduced what he did last time out he'd have won last night. If he'd have reproduced his best previous form over c and d he'd have won. Plain and simple, last night for some reason he didn't produce anything near what we know he's capable of producing.

The difference between his last two runs is something like 4 lengths, possibly more. What was he eventually beaten by last night? 3 and a half lengths I think.

As you say we can't win them all. In fact I'll settle for between 6 and 8 winners each month mate. That will ensure we achieve our targets between us.

Yesterday we backed three of our own selections and only one ran to form. That's the nature of the game and it will happen again in future, just the same as they'll be days when we both have selections running to form and generating huge profits.

The glorious uncertainty!

Cheers

Mick

binzer said...

after another shocking selection from your partner, i think you can now be titled morecambe and wise, mick(eric) carrying ernie..lol, or could it be a wham situation ?
good luck.

Gags said...

LOL Binzer,

I don't even think I deserve to be mentioned in the same breath at the minute mate and whilst I have to say the results have been really poor over the last week or so, its a long term game and I know that things will turn around!!!

Incidentally if you have been following the link to Noseahead you would have seen how it should be done, as Anthonys on fire at the minute!! Another 25/1 winner advised today, on the back of a 174/1 f/c and 20/1 winner earlier this week!!

I really need to start pulling my finger out!!!

Just as another point of interest, I must remind you that nobody here is asking you to follow the selections, its just an everyday account of the bets we are both having, and we are both still well ahead on the year to date!

Good luck with your punting!

Gags

binzer said...

gags, hi mate
yeh i look in on the other blog, amazing stuff from him, to consistently pick big priced winners is amazing, obviously finding angles and if you are backing over the true odds then cant fail to come out on tip in the long run. just teasing with the comments, im just killing time between my main account bets etc
good luck, sure winners will come