Wednesday 29 April 2009

Thursday

Earlir today we suggested that we were unlikely to be betting on Thursday and that's the way it has turned out. The cards look pretty unappealing on the whole.

We played in one race today but unfortunately there was not the strong pace we were hoping for. In fact I think they went pretty slowly and the race, in terms of form, is best forgotten. With no real pace to the race over this trip our selection was never going to get in to things. I know some will say the drift in the price on our selection said it all but I've won on plenty of money on drifters and seen hundreds of well backed horses get beaten over the years, so the market doesn't really concern me that much.

I noticed in the Racing Post today that they are making great mention of the fact that Pricewise Extra has achieved a 29.8% profit on investment on their selections. That is an impressive figure although it's over a relatively short period of time. It made me check our figures on here and it amused me to see that we have achieved an almost identical figure in terms of profit on investment. As I said before, it's far too early in the year for these figures to really mean anything, but I still find it amusing nonetheless.

Have a good day on Thursday if you are getting involved. Our next action is likely to be on Friday and Gags will be back on here with any news.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Quite agree with regards the whole drifting myth, It means nothing that a horse is drifting/steaming, it either makes the bet even more value or even worse value.

I have bet many drifters to win and i often get a bit more on as i can't believe the price some of these horses are going off.

Also you'd go pretty skint pretty quickly following the steamers thats a fact.

great work guys, and remember longterm,longterm,longterm.