Tuesday 7 April 2009

I Like The Look Of A Couple

Wednesday sees the aw action switch to Kempton which provides an evening card. There are a couple of interesting races and a fair possiblity of one or two bets. As we have time on our side I won't make an early decision. As usual the prices available will dictate whether or not we get involved. One thing I can promise is that I'm not going to make the same sort of mistake which saw a 7/1 winner go unbacked last week!

Gags will be along in the morning if has anything for the afternoon and I'll post my views on Kempton by about 600pm.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mick,

I've had a look at the first 3 races so far at kempton and already i can see where there should be value in a few selections. Hopefully you will confirm some of my own thoughts.

rgds,

Nick

Anonymous said...

also I've noticed that some of your selections have had bigger morning prices. I can only go by my own mistakes where i've missed the early price but my conviction about a horse means that i will still take the shorter price later in the day.

Rgds,

Nick

Anonymous said...

Good Morning Nick,

As you say it will be interesting to see if we come up with anything similar.

It is unusual for me to back a selection at anything other than the top price unless I believe it represents tremendous value for money. An exception to this would be betting with best odds guaranteed bookies which I try and do as often as possible. Sometimes I will post a selection and advise the generally available price rather than the top price simply because I know how difficult it can be to get on with some bookies.

I don't like backing horses in the morning for evening racing. I much prefer to wait until nearer the "off", late afternoon at the earliest to place my bets. It leaves less time for things to go wrong in my experience, i.e. non-runners etc.

I would be interested in hearing examples of "missing the early prices", perhaps I could then explain what happened in each specific case.

Look forward to hearing from you again

Mick