Wednesday 8 April 2009

Right Now

I started off thinking I might be having two bets this evening at Kempton but too many questions remain unanswered in one race, so now we're down to the possibility of just one bet. I say possibility because right now I cannot get the price I want on my selection. If things stay the same then I won't be betting. So why the delay? Why not just say "no bet"? Well, last week I did just that and the one I liked drifted from as short as 5/2 out through my minimum price required of 4/1 to an sp of 7/1 before winning. I don't want that to happen again, so I'll wait and see how the market shapes up once the Kempton card is underway. Of course if I'm betting I will post on here pre-race.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm on Ask Jenny in the 1st race, she has the better form against some of the rest in this race and she was not too far off a Horse called What Katie Did that also has raced against some of the others.

Rgds,

Nick

NoseAhead said...

If they dont go a stupid pace in the 7.20 i think Greycliff would have a chance of seeing it out well dropping in grade.

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,

Just catching up with a few comments now the racing is over. Didn't see either race so not sure how yours ran Nick, but a great shout in the 720 Anthony. Well done mate, although I'd have thought anything bar a 100/1 shot must seem like a let-down after yesterday! As we all know, when you're hot, you're hot.

Cheers

Mick

NoseAhead said...

Sorry for posting it so late Mick. Just I was reading your blog and catching up when the race was on in the background.
I had only picked it out a few minutes earlier and thought if you were about you may have got the message in time.
I was expecting it to be around 7/1 so was surprised to see it go off @ 4/1 but you cant argue with a winner ;)
Regards Anthony

Anonymous said...

Anthony,

No problm mate, post what you want and when you want on here. I wouldn't have backed it anyway, it's not the kind of race I get involved with through choice.

Cheers anyway, catch up soon

Mick