Friday 3 April 2009

Late Information!!!

I'm a little later than I hoped to be with this but those of you on the distribution list should have received the selection a little while ago. Today there is one bet:

1PT EW Weapons Amnesty 4.20 Aintree (available at 5/1 with Lads and Hills, 9/2 generally)

The reasons behind this are fairly simple but I will expand a little....Weapons Amnesty put up a very impressive performance at Cheltenham when winning the Albert Bartlett hurdle and in doing so it had a few of todays rivals behind it. I thought it was good value for winning further that day as when it hit the front it decided to prick it's ears and began to idle and only really picked up again once Pride of Dulcote had come back at it. On the evidence of that race it is hard to make a case for any behind it reversing the form and I think it has really improved for running on the better ground (most runs in Ireland on soft and heavy). I respect the chances of the favourite, Karabak, however at 7/4 it is not really something I would want to bet on, especially when there is no guarantee that it will get the trip. If you asked me whether it will stay or not, my opinion would be that it will, but I much prefer to back something at a much bigger price that has already proved it stays. If the selection runs its race today then it should be there or thereabouts and given a little luck, and the favourite possibly underperforming, then it looks a decent value each way bet to me.

Good luck and lets hope we get a run for our money!

2 comments:

leathehat said...

Talk about BAD LUCK the horse was going very well then had to contend with that fickin faller, that really paid to his chances davey russsell tryed to get him back in but his chance had gone.

Stick with it mate just a bit of bad luck. The analysis is spot on otherwise. You got me in the bookies anyway and the bad luck continued until the last when i had rubys horse at 2points each way. so not a bad day in the end.

we'll be talking winners tommorow gags, these races are sent to test us.

keep going mate. good luck

lea

Gags said...

Hi Lea,

I don't think the faller helped mate but there was stiull plenty of time for it to get back into the race and 2 out it was back on the bridle and I thought it was going to come and challenge. TBH I think the pace of the race probably cost it and there was no way I would have picked the first two as they had to improve out of all recognition..

In the end it has finished just behind the fav and well in front of Pride of Dulcote so I suppose in some respects we got it right......pity about the other three though mate!!!

Hopefully we will find something tomorrow but there will be plenty more losers along the way and thats just the nature of the game!!

Cheers

Gags