Saturday 4 April 2009

A Day For The Bookies

Looking at the results throughout the day I think it was probably quite a good day to be a layer today. We put up two selections today and I think they both ran decent enough races, unfortunately without reaching the places let alone winning. In the aw race I was keen to take on the short-priced jolly and we got that one beat. As we've said before, if we can keep finding short-priced favourites to turn over then we will make decent money long-term simply because of the value aspect. Taking a third of the book out like tonight gives us a big edge to play with so that's what we'll keep looking to do. I wasn't surprised to see New Star run a big race, but I could have been here all night and I'd never have picked out the winner and the third place finisher. So a small reverse this week with our own selections but we're still miles in front as shown in the summaries below:-

WEEKLY SUMMARY
5 BETS
0 WINNERS (0%)
2 PLACED (40%)
PROFIT / LOSS -3.75 POINTS


YEAR TO DATE SUMMARY
63 BETS
14 WINNERS (22%)
25 PLACED (39%)
PROFIT / LOSS +52.06 POINTS


I would normally post up the summaries on a Sunday but since neither of us have anything of interest tomorrow I thought I'd do it now so we can have a proper day off on Sunday!

No comments: