Tuesday 28 July 2009

Who Needs Glorious Goodwood???

I'm issuing an early message today as I believe that the two selections I have could both be well supported. I thought the Beverley card was excellent today and it was really interesting going through the last five handicaps on the card, indeed there may be a further bet but with the possibility of a non runner I'm going to wait a while.

I have two account bets at this stage:

4.20 Beverley - Nevada Desert - 1pt ew (available at 12/1 with Tote, Coral,11/1 with Paddy Power , Blue Sq) this is after the 2 non runners

6.00 Beverley - Fossgate - 1pt ew (available at 10/1 with Bet365, 9's generally)


I will go into detail later on but both of these horses are weighted to win and love the course.

Nevada Desert looks to have been laid out for this race today and has won the last two running of this race from higher marks. The trainer and jockey have a fantastic strike rate when teaming up in handicaps at this course (40%) and from a good draw (stall 11) I think this will go close. The odds of 14/1 and 16's in a place are way out of line in my book and it warrants a bet.

Fossgate is a horse that has an excellent course record as well and showed signs of coming to hand on its latest run over C & D. That day it travelled really well and hit the front a furlong out only to fade away and finish 6th. Assuming that this has come on again for the run, combined with a further drop in the weights (it actually has to carry 2lbs overweight but still on a good mark), it has a decent draw in stall 9 and is 2.5 times the price of Shaylee whom it is weighted to finish very close to. The only slight negative I can find is the jockey, Royston French is 0-17 when riding for James Bethell however he is a decent jockey and maybe today will be the day he breaks his duck!!

There may be a further bet later on but I think these are overpriced and warrant an early move.

Good luck

No comments: