Saturday 11 July 2009

Saturday 11th July - Two Bets

Gags is out today and has not had the opportunity to look at any of the racing on offer so I warn you in advance that the bets posted here are entirely my own work. Only time will tell if I've made the right decisions but I can assure you I've had decent bets on both horses. Hopefully the time and effort I've put in will be rewarded and they'll run well and generate a profit.

My first bet runs in the sprint due off at 330 at Chester. If you can forgive my selection his last run when he missed the break somewhat then I think

330 Chester HOH HOH HOH 1 point each way at 8/1 (incl Bet 365, BOG)

has as good a chance as the favourite which is priced up as short as 6/4. In his previous race he ran well in a listed event at Haydock and before that he finished in front of today's jolly in a Group 3 event at Newmarket. The horse has run well at this venue before and has a decent draw today. His trainer is in pretty good form with 4 wins and 7 places from his last 23 runners during the last month or so. In simple terms I just think the horse is overpriced and I had to get involved at the prices. Obvioulsy I can't guarantee the horse will run to form, no-one can, but if he does well I think he must go close.

Over at York the Listed Race for stayers has the Sir Michael Stoute trained Warringhah at the front of the market, but the one for me is

345 York FRISTON FOREST 2 points each way at 9/2 (Lads, Corals and Hills)

who is proven in the conditions, at the trip and in this class of event. I make him the most likely winner and with question marks over some of his rivals with regards to the distance and / or underfoot conditions I will be very disappointed if he doesn't at least make the frame.

Nothing is certain in horseracing but if my selections run up to their best then I believe they'll both go close. Let's hope they run to form and enjoy that little bit of luck that all winners can do with from time to time.

Good luck if you are getting involved today.

No comments: