Saturday 25 July 2009

More Of The same?

A welcome winning day yesterday and whilst I don't have a selection for the account at this stage there is a very strong possibility that there will be something for this evening.

There is plenty of racing today and a number of races which I looked at in some depth. I was quite keen on one at Newcastle but it seems that I wasn't the only one and the price was smashed from 9/1 into 5/1 in the space of an hour!!! My only possibility of an account bet runs this evening and I would prefer to wait until nearer the off as the price seems a little unstable at the minute and not going to rush when it's not necessary!!

Anyway I will let you have my thoughts on the other races but in each case there were enough reasons to leave it alone.

Ascot

2.40 - JIRA.....looks the form pick but a tough race and no value in the price
3.50 - SECRET SOCIETY...looks very progressive and the big field and fast pace should suit. Race tends to be won by 4yos so stats against it but I don't think the race is as competitive as the numbers suggest but at 7/1 happy to watch.
4.25 - CONDUIT....the return to 12f is a massive plus and this looks the likeliest winner to me. Only problem is the price of 7/4 and I believe it would prefer a more galloping track.

Newmarket

2.20 - KING CHARLES...this is a horse that has been knocking on the door for some time but finally delivered last time out. Up 5lbs but still could be capable of winning again now it has remembered how to win again. At 3/1 its short enough to put me off even in a fairly weak looking race.

Newcastle

4.10 - URSULA...bolted up the other day and I think it will defy the penalty under ideal conditions. Only 7 runners and a top price of 2/1 is not giving much away.
4.45 - ARABIAN SPIRIT.....I'm quite keen on this one today. It is feasibly weighted and has the soft ground that it needs for the first time this season. Dunlop has a 21% strike rate at the course but I'm a little put off by the booking of Dale Gibson but it should still run well and 7/1 looks a fair price.
5.20 - BRAVELY..this would have been a bet today if the 9/1 that was available earlier still existed!! I suspect it has been put up by a large tipping service as the price has been slashed into a top price 5/1 and I can't get involved with it now. The ground looks ideal and I think it could be a masterstroke dropping it back to the minimum distance as it seems to travel really well.

I will be back later if I'm betting this evening.

Good luck

Gags

No comments: