Wednesday 29 July 2009

Nothing For Today!

I didn't think much of todays racing and it was an easy decision for me to leave it alone. I have always found Goodwood a notoriously difficult track to get right and time and time again my horses seem to get hampered or have no luck in running!

I do think that the filly Ghanaati looks a bit special and if the ground remains fast I think she will win the Sussex Stakes today. I thought her display in winning the 1000 Guineas was sensational and she broke the course record but the victory in the Coronation Stakes was even more impressive and once again she clocked an amazing time. With only 4 runs under her belt she is open to further improvement but the general price of 9/4 is not exactly giving much away and she does face the fellas for the first time. A fascinating race but not one to be throwing much money at.

Just one other horse to mention is Norwegian Dancer in the 4.00 Goodwood. This horse caught my eye on both of its last starts when winning very impressively over 10f at Chester. Today it steps up to 12f for the first time and I think it could bring about more improvement. The jockey gets on well with the horse and in a very tough looking race a price of around 20/1 looks reasonable if you're looking to get involved.

Lets hope there is a bit more for us to go at tomorrow!

No comments: