Thursday 6 August 2009

Nothing To Get Excited About!!

I have to say that todays racing was pretty uninspiring stuff and it was a very easy decision to conclude that there was not account bet. The only meeting of any interest was Haydock and I'm a little unsure of how the ground will be riding given the RP forecast of Good/Firm for the 6F races but Soft for all the others!

The races I liked were the longer races anyway and I based my analysis on the forecast soft ground. The ones which I liked all be it not strongly enough for the account were Mull Of Killough in the 3.40 and Hucking Heat in the 4.40 and thought that both of these could go well. Mull of Killough looks to be progressing nicely and on a strict interpretation of his 3/4 length defeat behind Firebet looks to be well in here off a mark of 89. Firebet has gone on to win a decent handicap at Newmarket which has produced other winners and last time was runner up in a Group 3 contest and is now rated 108. The ground would be a slight unknown but with a dry day forecast I think it may not be as bad as they think and this could go close. 5/2 is the top price (it was 3's when I was looking last night) and there is not a great deal to get excited about there.

Hucking Heat has won over the course and caught my eye when meeting with plenty of interference on its latest start in a Ladies riders handicap at Beverley. It has won over this course before and has won off higher marks on the AW and will act on soft ground. Many of its rivals today are either out of form, don't appear to like soft ground or are high enough in the handicap but it looks a trappy race overall and at single figure prices I'm not really interested in getting involved.

I'll be back tomorrow and hopefully there will be more of interest!!

No comments: