Sunday 2 August 2009

Missed The Boat!!!!

I was all set to have a bet today but unfortunately the price has now gone and I'm not prepared to get involved with something once the value has gone!!

A quick word on the last week or so, I feel as though I'm reading the races pretty well in the main and I've taken a lot of heart from the fact that most of the selections have been placed at least even if we were win only!!!

Yesterday was another frustrating day where the first selection has been given another tactically inept ride from Kirsty (I will not be touching any more with her on) and I think we were a tad unfortunate to not collect on the win part of the bet. Maybe I'm looking through rose tinted spectacles but somehow she has managed to find trouble in running on the widest course in the country and after giving the winner several lengths start she has finished best of all and ended a never nearer third. To be fair the winner has won a shade cosily but it would have been interesting if she had managed to get a trouble free passage. I am certain that Sir Isaac is a well handicapped horse and I'm sure it will eventually win the race it deserves but as far as I'm concerned I'm finished with the horse!!

The second selection has run extremely disappointingly and I cannot offer any excuses other than it can be very hit and miss and unfortunately it has chosen to run a stinker. No real damage done on the day but it would be nice to get a few more winners on the board!!

Today I was keen on one in the 2.55 Chester. 2YO nurseries are not really the kind of race that I get involved with but I am quite keen on the chances of Tukitinyasok from the Roger Fisher yard. The horse has only run three times and all three of these have been over 7 furlongs, but after watching all three starts again I don't think the drop to 6 furlongs will inconvenience it as it has plenty of early pace and travels really well. It has the plum draw in stall 1 and if it breaks well I expect it to be a tough nut to pass. The track should be no problem as it railed really well at Ayr and its latest run looks a cut above anything todays rivals can boast. The others in here are much of a muchness and generally fairly exposed and there must be doubts as to whether some of these would be better at 5 furlongs or worthy of their current handicap marks.

The horse was available at a general 4/1 this morning but is now a standout 3/1 with Lads and as short as 9/4 in a place!! I expect a big run from it but I can't advise it on the account at the current price.

2 comments:

trigster said...

talking of missed prices , i'd been waiting ever since i saw it at Haydock to back Mao Chin Tire (or something like that!) next time out .Didn't think the markets would be up til half 10ish but by the time i got up and had a look the 10/1 had all disappeared ! fingers crossed it gets chinned now !
Have a good day mate

Gags said...

I know what you mean Trigster!!!

It's hugely frustrating when it happens but you just have to accepot it a s part of the game and get on with it.....not much consolation when they win and you don't have a penny on though!!

Good luck