Friday 21 August 2009

Decided Against It!!!!

I am quite keen on one running tonight at Salisbury but I've decided to leave it alone and its a no bet day on my return.

The horse I liked was Solar Graphite in the 7.30 race and I'm convinced that this one is still a well handicapped horse and well capable of winning from this mark. I saw its last two runs and things haven't really panned out for it, at Newmarket it got to the front and idled off a slow pace and was run out of it by a decent Mark Johnston horse and then last time it was well supported at Sandown but nothing went right for it. There was no gallop at all and the winner pinched the race from the front but Solar Graphite had no luck in running and ran on well when the race was over. My main concern for not playing tonight is the possibility of a lack of pace again and whilst the trainer continues to have his runners in decent form (another 3 winners at York today) at odds of about 7/2 I don't think it is worth chancing.

I hope to be back tomorrow with any possible bets for Saturday.

No comments: